Your department or school will have made some decisions in relation to this threshold statement, to ensure consistency of the student experience. This guide aims to support the work you do as academic tutors, to share good practice and ask some critical questions to hone your thinking about how tutoring will work in your own context.
MMU Threshold 3.1 Academic Tutoring:
Each student will receive clear information on the provision of academic tutoring.
- Each student will be allocated an academic tutor.
- Each student will have a timetabled meeting with their academic tutor within three weeks of the start of study (whether 1-1 or in a small group tutorial), with attendance recorded.
- There must be clear arrangements for contacting tutor and scheduling of regular tutorials.
- Minimum number of timetabled tutorial meetings on standard undergraduate programmes: 2 per term (autumn and spring), one in summer to support transition to year 2.
- Staff availability must be clearly publicised for students seeking access to tutors.
next: Purpose and content of academic tutorial meetings »